BricksExtras is a growing library of elements & features, with a strong focus on accessibility, flexibility and opening up more possibilities of what you can build with Bricks.
The goal of BricksExtras is to help extend your capabilities with Bricks, to assist your everyday workflow without adding unneccessary restrictions or getting in the way.
Dynamic Data & Query Loops
Take full advantage of Bricks’ dynamic data options and ability to use Query loops to dynamically populate element content.
Flexibility > limited settings
Nobody enjoys having a limited number of layouts / styles to choose from. Instead get the functionality you need from the elements and retain full control over the design.
Need to trigger something outside of the built-in settings? Find JS events and functions in the docs that you can use in your own code to extend the use cases.
Accessibility as Standard
Where possible, the elements are built-in accessible. ARIA labels, keyboard navigation..and, of course, you have control & can tweak to best match your needs.
Frontend & Backend Speed
No jQuery on the frontend, VueJS elements for the fastest performance on the backend. Minimal structural CSS. Enjoy the ‘next-gen’ performance matching that of any native Bricks’ elements.
Support & Extensive Docs
We’re here everyday helping people build their best WordPress sites. Full documentation of all features, video tutorials showing use cases (coming) & ticketed support if you need some help.
[Header Extras] – New features added to Bricks’ header template – (overlay headers, sticky on scroll, hide header after scrolling X added to any breakpoint globally, or per page/template)
[Header Row] – New element for more easily building headers in bricks (supports conditionally appearing in overlay or sticky headers, change styles when sticky etc)
[Dynamic Table] – New ‘Stackable columns’ option for stacking columns on mobile.
[Pro Slider] – Added ‘conditional slider’ option, to disable slider if not enough slides to fill slider viewport
[Pro Slider] – Added option to change all aria-labels for pagination, nav arrows etc.
[Pro Slider] – Added option to set horizontal flex alignment if not enough slides.
[Pro Slider] – Added option to delay first staggered animation
[Pro Slider] – ‘Focus’ setting now can be changed per breakpoint.
[Toggle Switch] – Query loop can now be used to populate ‘multiple labels’
[Burger Trigger] – Now possible to hide button text at different breakpoints.
[Interactive Cursor] – Cursor will now automatically shrink if moving position over an iFrame.
[Interactive Cursor] – Fixed issue with cursor not reacting to readmore/less buttons.
[General] – Fixed compatibility issue with OffCanvas/Modal template dropdown with Bricks v1.6+
[Dynamic Lightbox] – Fixed issue with overflow resetting to ‘auto’ on mobile.
[Table of Contents] – Fixed issue where collapse depth wouldn’t apply.
- [Pro Accordion] – New element for building nestable & accessible accordions.
- [Table of Contents] – Now supports different open/close positions at different screen widths.
- [Pro Slider] – Added support for Bricks v.1.5.6 interactions (for triggering fadein type animations on elements inside active slides).
- [Pro Slider] – Added overflow setting to allow slides to go outside of slide track.
- [Dynamic Table] – Added an option to change “no records found” text if there are no rows.
- [Toggle Switch] – Added an option to disable labels and just use the toggle switch.
- [Toggle Switch] – Added label layout controls to allow for stacking labels on mobile.
- [Toggle Switch / Switcher] – Accessibility improvement – tablist/tabpanel & ARIA labels added when using multiple labels like tabs.
- [Back to Top] – Fixed BricksProps CSS overriding the button SVG.
- [Back to Top] – Fixed background circle being slightly visible over progress when on darker backgrounds.
- [Read More] – Fixed read more not always opening when inside query loops.
- [Dynamic Table] – Fixed an issue with columns not being resizable.
- [Back to Top] – New element for creating animated back to top buttons.
- [Interactive Cursor] – New element for adding cursors that interact with other elements.
- [Popovers/Tooltips] – New element for adding popovers or tooltips to elements.
- [Modal] – Modals using “click” as trigger can now be used inside query loops.
- [Interactive features] – Now added to most native elements.
- [Fluent Form] – Added “progress steps” to progress bar style controls.
- [Lightbox] – Fixed issue where CSS grid inside lightbox content wouldn’t display correctly inside the builder.
- [Pro Slider] Fixed a bug with the counter being blank unless navigated.
- [Pro Slider Control] – Added an option to create custom navigation arrows/buttons for Slider.
- [Pro Slider Gallery] – Added an ability to link gallery images to Bricks’ Lightbox.
- [Dynamic Table] – Added “static” option – add rows/cells manually without query loop.
- [Dynamic Table] – Alternative row styles for background / text colors.
- [Modal] – Added “hashlink to close” option.
- [Dynamic Lightbox] – Added “hashlink to close” option.
- [Dynamic Lightbox] – Added “manual links” option to populate content dynamically from links. Supports images/videos/iFrames.
- [Modal] – Fixed the issue with exit intent trigger not triggering in Safari.
- [Reading Progress Bar] – New element for adding reading progress bars based on scroll position of containers, or of the whole page.
- [Before / After Image] – New element for adding accessible before/after image sliders.
- [Table of Contents] – Added option to automatically use heading text for the anchor links.
- [Table of Contents] – Better support for Bricks’ “Add Element ID & class as needed” setting (no longer required to add an ID to the element).
- [Modal] – Added an option to disable “auto focus on first focusable element” when opened.
- [Dynamic Table] – Added options to change/translate all text inside the pagination summary.
- [Dynamic Table] – Bumped to the latest GridJS version.
- [Dynamic Table] – Added an option to customize the number of pagination buttons.
- [Dynamic Table] – Fixed the issue with certain characters ( åäö ) not displaying correctly inside the builder.
- [Dynamic Lightbox] – Removed the default 900px max-width restriction on the container.
- [Pro Slider] – Added option to change “focus” (was originally set to “center” as default).
- [Pro Slider] – Added controls for navigation by mouse wheel.
- [Pro Slider] – Reduced default slide padding and now no default padding if using code element to add custom slides.
- [Image Hotspots] – Better style control over marker icon.
- [Pro Slider] – New element for building sliders/carousels.
- [Pro Slider Control] – New element for adding extras to sliders: Progress bars, counters, autoplay play/pause button.
- [Pro Slider Gallery] – New element for allowing to use the Pro Slider for dynamic galleries ex.: use ACF Gallery field or Meta Box Image Advanced or Media Library as the source of slide images.
- [Dynamic Chart] – Added “pie / doughnut” chart type.
- [Dynamic Lightbox] – Added easy way to add custom close buttons – “data-x-lightbox-close” attribute.
- [Burger Trigger] – Added option to add button text.
- [Table of Contents] – Smooth scrolling can now be disabled.
- [Modal] – Clicking backdrop to close and ESC key to close now optional.
- [Read More / Less] – Fixed issue where read more wouldn’t size correctly when inside a modal.
- [OffCanvas] – Fixed issue where Safari that would cause lazy loaded images not to render.
- [Developer docs] – gLightbox instance now exposed, so lightbox can be controlled programmatically easily.
- [Fluent Forms] – Switched over some control types to allow for CSS variables.
- [Modal] – When using custom link for closing, browser will now follow the link after closing the modal.
- [General] – Addressed an issue that was causing styling not to be applied when elements were being pulled from other templates inside of templates (ex.: the “template” element or “post content” element).
- [Modal/OffCanvas] – Fixed issue with “template” versions that would cause the “hide in builder” setting to reset sometimes when moving the elements in the structure panel.